Using the job ID from a "Run Async" endpoint

We’ve got an endpoint that will run for ~5-10 minutes doing a lot of web requests and storing of data. Typical sync job that will run 1/week or so.

I want to make this run Async without concurrency, but would like the option to show users when an existing job is already in the queue for the times when someone needs to trigger a re-sync manually, so they can see that it started and is currently running and for how long.

The tooltip on Run Async mentions a Job ID, but I couldn’t find any documentation on how to extract this (using Run Service) or what to do with the ID after I get it. Is there any support for e.g. getting the status of an endpoint job from the Job ID?

Hi Øyvind,

Currently, there is no built-in functionality to retrieve the status of an endpoint job. As an alternative, we recommend implementing a custom Event Log System. This would allow you to track job execution times, monitor concurrent job statuses and track potential error messages, This could also be used for other parts of the Solution. For guidance on setting up this Event Logging System, please refer to our tutorial here.

Hope this helps!