Add feature to pin Actions (and improve pinning of views)

After using Appfarm for quite some time, there are a few areas where I find myself wasting a lot of time — time that could be saved with a few extra features. Some of these are:

  1. Let me pin actions the same way I can pin views. Appfarm keeps some of the recently visited actions open, but not always, and I’ve never understood the logic behind when things are kept and when they aren’t. I also still often lose the connection and have to look up the action again.

  2. Pinned views are great, but they would be even better if the item selected at the time of pinning was remembered as well. For example, when I have views with visibility groups and I’m working in a container deep down in the structure, I have to expand a lot of steps to get back to where I was after switching views.

  3. Shortcuts for Property Styles and Conditional Styles. Please give me an alternative to using the mouse for these panels.

Hei, Lars

Jeg har registrert dette hos utviklerteamet vårt nå. Takk for innspill!

Thanks for the valuable feedback, Lars! We’ll look into it. And to help clarify the current behaviour of action tabs:

How action tabs work

When you click an action in the list, it opens in a preview tab. The preview tab sits at the far right of the tab bar, and its name is in italics. You only ever have one preview tab. Click a different action, and it takes over that tab, so you can look through several actions without the tab bar filling up.

A preview tab becomes a regular tab that stays open when you:

  • click the same action again, either in the list or on its tab
  • make a change to the action
  • drag its tab to a new spot in the tab bar

Regular tabs stay open until you close them. You can drag them into any order. Right-click a tab to close it, close the other tabs, close the tabs to its right, or close all tabs.

When you close the tab you’re working in, the tab next to it opens. When you close the preview tab, you go back to your last regular tab.

I hope this helps to reduce the confusion. The fact that the view and action tabs behave differently is probably something we should address to be able to reduce the confusion further.

Simon