Creating secrets from app

Hi!

I have an application with several customers with their own API keys to external APIs. Is there a better way of handling these secrets than through properties on objects? I want to use appfarm secrets but then I need the ability to create these from within an application.

For example to create a secret and reference this in a property on an object so that the secrets are more secure

Hi!

Just to make sure that we understand you correctly: the use case is to that you have several customers with unique API keys that are used on a given integration? If so, we sadly do not have functionality for this today. But I’ve created a challenge for this as we see a need for this as well.

The best solution today is to create a secret for each customer and create a service that is triggered within the application that updates the relevant secret.

Let us know if this helps.

Are there any updates on this? :smiling_face:

Hi!

This ticket is still open and has not been prioritised due to limited use cases.
Please elaborate if you have a specific use case in mind, either here in the community or to your Appfarm representative. This way we can evaluate the feature request better, and hopefully find a solution that supports your use case.

Edit: I assume your separate topic on Multiple PowerOffice integrations covers exactly what I was asking for :blush:

1 Like

Hey, I’ve just created a new topic where I describe our use case in more detail: Best Practices for Integrating Multiple PowerOffice Clients in Appfarm :smiling_face:

1 Like