Datepicker bugs

It should not be possible to start typing into the standard datepicker, as it is impossible to acually type a date. This generates support and bad user experience.
I have made an ugly workaround with a container with a higher z value on top to prevent users from trying to type in that field forcing them to click the calendar icon instead, but it is of course not ideal.
Expected behavior; either open up the datepicker on all clicks inside the date container OR allow entering/deleting a date into the field.
Any other ideas for workarounds appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 10.45.23

When using the Textinput (Date) date picker with time & date, I get milliseconds shown in the window. This is not something I want to show to the users. Is there any way of getting rid of that? Ideally it should be more configureable (lets say I only want to show hours and minutes)
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 10.53.43

If i split into Date and Time in two fields, I cant set the date properly as you can with the regular datepicker as the Time only field will reset the date to todays date.
If i set the time component first then the date it almost works because the datepicker now uses correct time, but when setting the date, the time component will show – : – so it looks like it was reset.

Generally I think Appfarm should improve the standard datepicker as it the options today are not very user friendly and it requires manual adjustments to make it work in a user friendly way. I also miss the possibility of defining every 5 minute or every 15 minute. It would be great if Appfarm could provide a coded component that is configureable or a new datepicker that resolves these issues.

1 Like

Hi,

We are aware that the current date picker is not ideal, and it will soon be upgraded to the MUI 6 version.

In the meantime, using the text edit with date and time might be the best approach if you want the user to be able to enter the date by typing.

When testing this I see that the milliseconds don’t show unless I have defined the date in advance using the other date picker. Does the issue persist if you only use the text edit to define the date and time? I don’t know of any simple way to configure this, but I will get back to you if I find out more.

Skjermbilde 2024-02-16 kl. 09.43.33

Skjermbilde 2024-02-16 kl. 09.45.30

Thanks, I will try your solution. Looking forward to the new datepicker!