Overflow Vertical not working as expected

Hi

Im trying to set overflow vertical to scroll on a container with a table. For some reason I cant get it to work. The scroll bar appears but there is nothing to scroll

Heres the settings for the container above and below the scrollable container:

Here you can see the table continous outside the visible parts, but the scroll bar is “un-scrollable”

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out!

You could try to add a container right outside your table, where the container has horizontal flex and height set to 100%. Then change the table to have “stretch” in both alignment and sizing. See screenshots to see more in detail!

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 12.11.55

Hope this helps your case!

This did not work. And why doesn’t it work? I have done similar things in other views and can’t see any differences in my approach

The only way I can make it work is if I move the table to the very top (as the first object beneath the view) and setting the view itself to scroll. Any other placement in the view, i.e. any of the 3 levels of containers will not allow me to scroll.

I did not change any settings on the table when i tried this

EDIT: As long as the view is set to scroll, scrolling works regardless of where i place the table. But I dont want the entire view to be scrollable…

Solution: The view must be set to “Flex” to allow scrolling

Why this is I don’t know. If anyone knows I’m curious to find out